Monday, September 14, 2009

Time..

Finally the air conditioning is installed and running. Of course it hasn't be over 85 degrees since. The "front door" is in but needs a handle to finish it. And the wiring is finished, in the apartment at least. Still need to caulk and paint the baseboards before the cabinets can go in. Hopefully all of this will be done by the end of the month.



I read about a smart home system in Popular Mechanics some time ago and thought this would be a good project to test it in. The system works by replacing the switches of a normal house with multi buttoned units that communicate with the other switches of the house. I decided to replace a few light switches that will allow me to turn garage lights and outside lights on and off from the living room or bedroom. It also allows me to set up all the lights on one button so I don't have to worry about any lights left on when I leave.

No comments: