Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Stairs

Took the stairs out of the apartment yesterday to get them ready to sand blast and paint. I haven't used my sand blaster in over a year. To start with we have a small wasp here that lays an egg and fills in every hole it finds. After getting the air compressor and sand blaster set up I had to clean all of the ports including the 3/4" air hose from the compressor. By now it's after lunch and 100 degrees. When I finally start blasting the stairs the clouds roll in and it starts to rain. It only rained for about twenty minutes but it took another hour for the stairs to dry enough for me to blast them again. I attempted to film what I see when I sand blast but it didn't turn out like I had hoped. So I just took a few pictures. I might sand blast something tomorrow so I can film it. I did manage to get them painted. Now I'm thinking I'll have a lot to touch up by the time I get them installed back in the apartment. I had hoped to have the wall behind the stairs covered with metal today. The best I could do is get the holes drilled in the sheets. In case I've never talked about that it's how you get the screws to line up and look nice. Plan for tomorrow is to get the stairs back in the apartment.

No comments: